My heart is sore, as the time clicks by it looks less and less likely that we will travel before courts close.  I keep getting told to have faith but the truth is that particular commodity is in short supply right now.  My husband the proverbial pessimist has already given up hope on traveling before court closures.  Not traveling means that it will probably be October before we hold our daughter for the first time.  Caden keeps asking me when we are going to go get Baby Sissy and I keep trying to explain to him that we have to wait until they tell us we can.  Obviously, he just doesn’t understand this and sometimes neither do I.  His latest thing is telling me to call “them” so we can go get her.  Oh boy, the little guy is tenacious…Hmm, wonder where he gets that one.

We have slowly trying to get the house in order for the new arrivals.  Not only are we getting ready for Baby Sissy but Big Sissy as well.  My oldest stepdaughter is moving up with us to go to school at PCC this fall.  At this point we’ve given up on putting the mythical room in the garage and have settled for working with the space we have available.  This has meant going through a lot of crap and bed swapping.  Caden has been moved from the crib/toddler bed to the girl’s bunk beds.  Dad is in the process of making this into a castle bed and I’ll post a picture when he finishes it.  Ash will now have a daybed (much more grown-up) with a trundle for when her sister comes up.  The crib is being relocated to our (extremely large) bedroom.   I wish I could say I was done but I’m still not there yet.  I think I need a deadline to perform more effectively.

I’m tired of feeling so emotional…Tired of jumping when the phone rings…Tired of thinking of our little girl in an orphanage for two extra months.



3 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Emily
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 14:21:52

    I’m so sorry to hear it Alisha. The court closing is so hard. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping the court date comes NOW!

  2. Debbie
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 14:26:24

    I know time is ticking away, but I’m still holding out hope that you get the call and travel before the courts close.

  3. Michael
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 00:31:24

    Your little girl will be delighted to be brought home, whether that’s August or October.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: